On older pumps removing your pump is pretty simple, there is a clamp with a way to tighten it. You simply loosen the clamp and it pops off. But on new pool equipment the lids usually slide onto notches that hold it in place. Even when tightened to a reasonable degree they can be very difficult to remove. So here is an easy way to pop it off.
- Leave the pool equipment ON
- Smack both sides of the lid in a counter clockwise direction, it should budge and come loose.
- Turn OFF the equipment, now the lid will pop up and off the pump and water will overflow from the pump for a few seconds.
- Do whatever you need to do with pump and basket, replace lid and turn the equipment back ON.
- If you are having trouble getting the pump to prime, open the lid and check the gasket and make sure the lid is on tight enough.
This is a simple tip that can save you a lot of time if you have a difficult piece of equipment. If you are still having trouble with your pump, or any other part of the pool, feel free to contact Pure Water Pool and Spa Services and we will be happy to assist.